Schedule & Funding
The dates provided are only estimates.
|Start Search for Funding for Public/Private Project||July 2008|
|1st IJDC Project Application Submission||February 2009|
|Signing of Public/Private Partnership Agreement||May 2009|
|2nd IJDC Project Application Submission||November 2009|
|Award of Engineering Contract||September 2009|
|Design Begins||September 2009|
|Begin Right of Way Acquisitions||September 2009|
|Submission of Project Plans and Specs to BPH, OEHS||January 2010|
|Submission of Project Plans, Culture and History, Corp of Engineers, and DEP||January 2010|
|Approval of Project Plans and Specifications||March 2010|
|Submittal of Application for a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity to WVPSC||March 2010|
|Advertisement for Bids||June 2010|
|Opening of Bids||July 2010|
|PSC Final Order on Certificate of Convenience and Necessity||August 2010|
|Awarding of Contracts||September 2010|
|Loan Closing||September 2010|
|Commencement of Project Construction||October 2010|
|Completion of Project Construction||December 2010|
|Project Closeout||February 2011|
Utility Project Process in West Virginia
1. Utility Board confers with engineer, arrives at preferred option for funding application to the W. Va. Infrastructure and Jobs Development Council (IJDC), and approves application at utility board meeting.
2. Application to IJDC for funds with Preliminary Engineering Report (PER); IJDC meetings publicly noticed in State Register.
3. IJDC recommends proposed funding, if any.
4. If funding approval received, utility directs engineer to commence final design work
5. When final design work completed and funding formally committed, permit applications filed with appropriate agencies, and application for a certificate of convenience and necessity filed with WV Public Service Commission (PSC).
a. Public notice of PSC filing published in local newspaper and sent to customers.
b. PSC hearing, if protests filed.
c. 180 - 225 days for PSC to issue order from date of filing.
6. If PSC approves, close on funding, award bids.
8. Completion of construction; project related rate increase goes into effect.
List of funding sources
The following document identifies possible funding sources. The information in this document may be updated or changed.